Policy Change - Disconnections
Policies effective October 1, 2019
- Water will be shut off if not paid by the date listed on the disconnect notice, and your bill must be paid in full to be reconnected. Payments received after 1pm will be turned on the following business day.
- There is a $100 reconnect fee.
- Meters are read around the 24th of each month
- Bills are printed on the last day of the month and mailed the same day
- Bills are due on the 15th of each month
- Late fees are assessed on the 16th of each month
- Disconnect notices are sent out on the 20th of each month
These policies are put into place to keep all accounts current. You can pay your bill online at www.athensil.com, drop off at Athens State Bank, use our drop box located across from City Hall in the circle drive, mail to our office at the address above or we are here Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm to accept payments and deposits. You can also call us to sign up for recurring payments where your payment will be pulled automatically every month on the 15th.
Please feel free to call 217-636-8429 if you have any questions or concerns.
City of Athens Water & Sewer Department
Visit us at www.athensil.com to see upcoming events, recent news or sign up to receive alerts.