- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Mayor & Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Golf Cart Permit Application
- Contact Us
Small Business Stimulus Application
Small Business Stimulus Plan
City of Athens
Due to the economic impact imposed by COVID-19 on the businesses in Athens, I am proposing a relief package for the businesses that did not qualify for aid on the state and federal levels.
- Applications will be available by calling the Mayor’s office or downloading from the City of Athens website (www.athensil.com) beginning Monday, March 8th.
- Deadline for applications is April 1st, with distribution beginning in the first week of May.
- 3-person Committee will review applications and determine assistance.
- Funds not to exceed $5000 will be used from the gaming fund for this stimulus.
- Businesses can request up to $1000.
- If a business is approved by the committee for more than $500, they will receive a $500 check in May and the remaining balance in June.
This stimulus plan will be considered a forgivable loan. If loan payments are received, funds will be returned to the gaming fund. We ask that businesses who are applying commit to remaining in Athens for a minimum of 12 months or will be subject to repayment of the loan.